Gas Appliance System(GAS) Check is a special service program offered to propane users in association with the National Propane Gas Association (NPGA). The purpose of the program is to let customers enjoy the convenience of propane. A GAS Check technician will make a complete inspection of the propane system and appliances, which takes one to three hours.
Country Comfort has adopted the GAS Check program, which includes the following requirements:
- Gas system must be GAS Checked within 5 years and once every 5 years thereafter.
- The customer must be home when the GAS Check is performed.
- Regulators must be replaced every 15 years from date of manufacture.
- Where required, drip legs and a gas shut-off will be installed
- Customer owned tanks must allow for uninterrupted propane service from Country Comfort; otherwise, a new gas check will need to be completed.
We appreciate your cooperation in the scheduling of these safety checks and hope that you will keep propane safety in mind.